Subject: Re: bug#46942: ci.guix.gnu.org is slow from my system

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 01:42:08 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 at 00:23, raid5atemyhomework <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi zimoun,
>
> Thanks, this is a definite improvement and I have set both systems to
> use it as the first item in `substitute-server`. I'll make a patch for
> the manual at least, then close this issue once that patch is
> accepted.

Ok.

> So I was thinking of modifying the installer so at least some page
> offers up options for mirrors. However, because of the way the
> installer works, it would have to be done by `(gnu installer
> services)`, which does not use `modify-services` on the base service
> list. 

[...]

> Is that something that has any chance of getting accepted into Guix?
> I'd rather not do any coding unless this has any chance at all of
> getting merged in. 

>From my point of view, I will get a better chance for an answer if you
ask on guix-devel with an appropriate subject, rather in (relatively)
long thread inside a bug report with a subject out this very
question. My 2 cent. ;-)

Cheers,
simon