Subject: bug#46940: 27.1; while-no-input-ignore-events is not feeded anymore starting from emacs-27

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 09:01:41 +0100

Hello,

this is related to bug#46935.

It seems that the block in subr.el:

    (setq while-no-input-ignore-events
          '(focus-in focus-out help-echo iconify-frame
            make-frame-visible selection-request))

is not loaded anymore, so the default value of
`while-no-input-ignore-events` is now nil, causing (probably) bug#46935.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-08-31 built on IPadS340
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Linux Mint 19.3

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done
Saving file /home/thierry/.emacs.d/emacs-config/init.el...
Wrote /home/thierry/.emacs.d/emacs-config/init.el
[mu4e] Found 1 matching message
Mark set
next-line: End of buffer [7 times]
Mark set
Do you want to exit emacs-w3m? (y or n) y

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O3 --without-dbus --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-mailutils --with-cairo'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Elisp

Minor modes in effect:
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-ligature-mode: t
  ligature-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mm-archive autocrypt-mu4e w3m-symbol w3m-filter
w3m-form w3m-cookie w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m-search helm-w3m
w3m-bookmark mailalias helm-ring helm-dabbrev epa-mail autocrypt-message
helm-command smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
autocrypt-gnus nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired nnir gnus-article-treat-patch
iedit-rect tabify image-file tramp-cache helm-x-files helm-for-files
helm-bookmark bug-reference naquadah-theme view solar cal-dst holidays
hol-loaddefs tv-utils sly-autoloads ert ewoc debug sly-tramp
sly-indentation sly-cl-indent sly-stickers pulse hi-lock
sly-trace-dialog sly-fontifying-fu sly-package-fu sly-scratch
sly-fancy-trace sly-fancy-inspector sly-mrepl sly-autodoc sly-parse sly
gud sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos etags
fileloop generator arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec cl undo-tree
undo-tree-autoloads ligature ligature-autoloads boxquote
rainbow-mode-autoloads psession frameset wgrep-helm wgrep-autoloads
wgrep grep log-view pcmpl-git-autoloads pcmpl-git powerline
powerline-autoloads powerline-separators powerline-themes
toc-org-autoloads cl-indent ffap markdown-toc-autoloads markdown-mode
markdown-mode-autoloads color autocrypt-autoloads addressbook-bookmark
mu4e-config org-mu4e gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
mu4e-patch mu4e-contrib mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions rfc2368 smtpmail
sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr svg
flow-fill hl-line mu4e-vars mu4e-meta autocrypt gnus nnheader config-w3m
w3m-autoloads w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif timezone w3m-hist
w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc
w3m-rss w3m-util git-gutter git-gutter-autoloads mule-util appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs anaconda-mode anaconda-mode-autoloads xref
project pythonic pythonic-autoloads f f-autoloads s s-autoloads
eldoc-eval emamux-autoloads git-rebase magit-bookmark bookmark pp
magit-autoloads magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
git-commit-autoloads with-editor transient log-edit message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-git magit-section benchmark magit-utils
which-func ido crm dash with-editor-autoloads term disp-table ehelp
transient-autoloads dash-autoloads pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix
pcmpl-gnu iterator iedit-autoloads help-macro sgml-mode dom iedit-lib
rect ledger-mode-autoloads ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test
ledger-sort ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-complete
ledger-fontify ledger-state flymake-proc flymake warnings
ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-report ledger-commodities ledger-xact
ledger-post ledger-exec eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io
esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util ledger-navigate ledger-context
ledger-regex wdired dired-extension org-config ob-gnuplot org-crypt
net-utils time winner w3m-wget wget wget-sysdep autotest-mode
autoconf-mode paren woman man ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util init-helm helm-fd epa epg
epg-config helm-epa helm-misc helm-imenu imenu helm-elisp-package
package url-handlers helm-find helm-org org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs helm-external helm-net
browse-url isearch-light helm-descbinds cus-edit wid-edit helm-ls-git
vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval
edebug backtrace find-func helm-info python tramp-sh popup helm-adaptive
diminish helm-mode helm-files filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep
helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-extensions-autoloads
helm-config helm-autoloads helm async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
dired-async dired-aux async emms-vlc-config emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mpv emms-player-mplayer emms-setup emms-autoloads
emms-librefm-stream emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-mixerctl
emms-volume-pulse emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd
emms-lyrics emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor format-spec
emms-mark emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac
emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info advice tq
emms-mode-line emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
time-date emms-librefm-scrobbler xml auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache bindat json map sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist emms-last-played
emms-source-file locate dired dired-loaddefs emms-cache
emms-playing-time emms-player-simple emms-info emms-later-do emms
emms-compat popup-autoloads cl-extra seq finder-inf diminish-autoloads
mb-depth server edmacro kmacro avoid cus-start cus-load
use-package-autoloads use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core
derived bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads rx compile comint
ansi-color ring straight info autoload radix-tree easy-mmode pcase
cl-seq subr-x byte-opt checkdoc lisp-mnt thingatpt help-mode easymenu
cl-macs gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 917167 394183)
 (symbols 48 59244 38)
 (strings 32 196270 34959)
 (string-bytes 1 6753795)
 (vectors 16 86191)
 (vector-slots 8 1801186 249984)
 (floats 8 2016 3026)
 (intervals 56 8729 2232)
 (buffers 1000 132))

-- 
Thierry