Subject: Re: bug#46938: ruby-memory-profiler test-failure on x86

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 10:23:33 -0500

Looks like I can reproduce the issue with -s i686-linux. I tried to build using Ruby 2.7 (we use 2.6 by default, and tests pass)

You can test with: --with-input=[email-masked]=[email-masked]

I'm not a Ruby user, so I won't risk sending a patch. Probably, since it's used only by rubocop as a native input, we can safely use a differert ruby package for this?

Le 4 mars 2021 20:46:52 GMT-05:00, Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>I'm trying to install mate desktop on a 32 bit x86 laptop. This
>evidently is dependent on gnome-shell building, which in turn is
>dependent on ruby-memory-profiler, which does not build due to three
>test failures.
>"""   /gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-profiler-
>1.0.0.drv
>building /gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-
>profiler-1.0.0.drv...builder for
>`/gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-profiler-
>1.0.0.drv' failed with exit code 1build of
>/gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-profiler-
>1.0.0.drv failedView build log at
>'/var/log/guix/drvs/v3/zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-
>profiler-1.0.0.drv.bz2'.cannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/q8l4d3qxz8vghv5i526zckqa31xrx11n-ruby-rubocop-1.10.0.drv':
>1 dependencies couldn't be builtbuilding
>/gnu/store/vynlki5k7r2y3950xdihxr3cdi9rn47p-ruby-rubocop-ast-1.4.1-
>checkout.drv...cannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/2yy6q52ximcm8zxyw9xdpiayc7b0mnlx-ruby-rdoc-6.2.0.drv': 1
>dependencies couldn't be builtcannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/jxg83183dmms1w5id7kqbi1alvpyyf64-ruby-terminfo-0.1.1.drv':
>1 dependencies couldn't be builtcannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/nsq3ydsz5rpqjg2qbpq2zggmxvxf3xbg-ruby-sass-3.6.0.drv': 1
>dependencies couldn't be builtcannot build derivation
>`/gnu/store/k25lm8nxsiba262y92ps802n79f8x5dz-gnome-shell-3.34.2.drv': 1
>dependencies couldn't be builtguix system: error: build of
>`/gnu/store/k25lm8nxsiba262y92ps802n79f8x5dz-gnome-shell-3.34.2.drv'
>failed"""
>My system info:"""$ neofetch --stdoutroot@mithril ------------ OS: Guix
>System 1.2.0-8.7624ebb i686 Host: CF-30CTQAZBM 001 Kernel: 5.10.2-
>gnu Uptime: 2 hours, 43 mins Packages: 66 (guix-system) Shell: bash
>5.0.16 Resolution: 1024x768 Terminal: .emacs-27.1-rea CPU: Genuine
>Intel L2400 (2) @ 1.667GHz GPU: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML
>Express Memory: 72MiB / 3013MiB
>$ guix describeGeneration 2	Mar 04 2021 05:58:22	(current)  guix
>bc10203    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   
> branch: master    commit: bc10203475ede3f88416a7614b7e9343fca8de75"""
>Build log attached.