Subject: ruby-memory-profiler test-failure on x86

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2021 16:46:52 -0900

I'm trying to install mate desktop on a 32 bit x86 laptop. This
evidently is dependent on gnome-shell building, which in turn is
dependent on ruby-memory-profiler, which does not build due to three
test failures.
"""   /gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-profiler-
1.0.0.drv
building /gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-
profiler-1.0.0.drv...builder for
`/gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-profiler-
1.0.0.drv' failed with exit code 1build of
/gnu/store/v3zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-profiler-
1.0.0.drv failedView build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/v3/zgvwa1c0w44skld09iminwrg5j93c9-ruby-memory-
profiler-1.0.0.drv.bz2'.cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/q8l4d3qxz8vghv5i526zckqa31xrx11n-ruby-rubocop-1.10.0.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be builtbuilding
/gnu/store/vynlki5k7r2y3950xdihxr3cdi9rn47p-ruby-rubocop-ast-1.4.1-
checkout.drv...cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/2yy6q52ximcm8zxyw9xdpiayc7b0mnlx-ruby-rdoc-6.2.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be builtcannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/jxg83183dmms1w5id7kqbi1alvpyyf64-ruby-terminfo-0.1.1.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be builtcannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/nsq3ydsz5rpqjg2qbpq2zggmxvxf3xbg-ruby-sass-3.6.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be builtcannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/k25lm8nxsiba262y92ps802n79f8x5dz-gnome-shell-3.34.2.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be builtguix system: error: build of
`/gnu/store/k25lm8nxsiba262y92ps802n79f8x5dz-gnome-shell-3.34.2.drv'
failed"""
My system info:"""$ neofetch --stdoutroot@mithril ------------ OS: Guix
System 1.2.0-8.7624ebb i686 Host: CF-30CTQAZBM 001 Kernel: 5.10.2-
gnu Uptime: 2 hours, 43 mins Packages: 66 (guix-system) Shell: bash
5.0.16 Resolution: 1024x768 Terminal: .emacs-27.1-rea CPU: Genuine
Intel L2400 (2) @ 1.667GHz GPU: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML
Express Memory: 72MiB / 3013MiB
$ guix describeGeneration 2	Mar 04 2021 05:58:22	(current)  guix
bc10203    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   
 branch: master    commit: bc10203475ede3f88416a7614b7e9343fca8de75"""
Build log attached.