Subject: Re: bug#46926: Remove the quotes from highlighted/linked symbols when displaying docs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:09:09 +0200

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 06:00:33 +0000
> From: scame <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Could you all who discuss the M-o problem take this discussion off from
> bug46926's thread? For those of us who follow this specific bug, details
> of the M-o  discussion is unrelated noise. Thanks.

You are asking for the impossible.  When some side issue arises in the
midst of a discussion, people tend to use the same thread to discuss
those side issues.  As long as the main discussion doesn't get
derailed, and the side messages are relevant, there's nothing we can
do about that.  We are all human.

You will have to filter out the messages that are noise for you, as
everyone else does.

(Of course, if the side issue is off-topic here, those who raise it
should be asked to take that elsewhere.  This isn't such a case,
though.)