Subject: [bug#46885] [PATCH] gnu: artanis: Update to 0.5.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:31:05 +0100

Hi,

Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm (artanis): Update to 0.5.
> [inputs]: Remove guile-2.2; add guile-3.0-latest and nspr.
> [propagated-inputs]: Remove guile-json-1, guile2.2-readline, and guile2.2-redis; add guile-json-3, guile-readline, and guile-redis.

[...]

>      (inputs
> -     `(("guile" ,guile-2.2)
> -       ("nss" ,nss)))
> +     `(("guile" ,guile-3.0-latest)

Just ‘guile-3.0’ (unless there’s a good reason to use
‘guile-3.0-latest’?).

Otherwise LGTM!

>         (let* ((out (assoc-ref %outputs "out"))
> -              (scm (string-append out "/share/guile/site/2.2"))
> -              (go  (string-append out "/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache")))
> +              (scm (string-append out "/share/guile/site/3.0"))
> +              (go  (string-append out "/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache")))
>           ;; Don't use (%site-dir) for site paths.
>           (list (string-append "MOD_PATH=" scm)
>                 (string-append "MOD_COMPILED_PATH=" go)))
> @@ -193,7 +194,7 @@
>                 (("\\(%site-dir\\)")
>                  (string-append "\""
>                                 (assoc-ref outputs "out")
> -                               "/share/guile/site/2.2\"")))))
> +                               "/share/guile/site/3.0\"")))))

[...]

> -                    (scm (string-append out "/share/guile/site/2.2"))
> -                    (go  (string-append out "/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache")))
> +                    (scm (string-append out "/share/guile/site/3.0"))
> +                    (go  (string-append out "/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache")))

Perhaps for a separate patch, but it would be best to avoid hardcoding
the Guile effective version number.

The other packages show how to accomplish this.  Ideally, Makefile.am &
co. would refer to $(GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION).  When that’s not the case
(yet), we can patch them to do so, as is done for several packages in
guile-xyz.scm.

Thanks,
Ludo’.