Subject: Re: bug#46879: Non-deterministic failures while building Guix with Guile 3.0.5

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 19:23:51 +0100

Another one at <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/307469/log/raw>:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[  0/ 56] loading...	  0.0% of 28 files[  1/ 56] loading...	  3.6% of 28 filesBacktrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   586:29 19 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type host-name 7fffe4d10500> value: "komputilo"> #<<service> type: #<service-type account 7fffe4c8c500> value: ((".bash_profile" #<<plain-file> n?> ?))
   586:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type account 7fffe4c8c500> value: ((".bash_profile" #<<plain-file> name: "bash_profile" content: "# Honor per-interactive-shell startup file\nif ?> ?))
   586:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type udev 7fffe4d1bf80> value: #<<udev-configuration> udev: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/linux.scm:3346 7fffe46b50a0> rules: (#<package lvm?> ?))
   586:29 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type nscd 7fffe4d10340> value: #<<nscd-configuration> log-file: "/var/log/nscd.log" debug-level: 0 caches: (#<<nscd-cache> database: hosts positi?> ?))
   586:29 15 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 7fffe4d10200> value: #<<guix-configuration> guix: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/package-management.scm:137 7fffe62dcaa0>?> ?))
   586:29 14 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type urandom-seed 7fffe4d106c0> value: #f> #<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 7fffe4d10300> value: #<<syslog-configuration> syslogd: #<file-?> ?))
   586:29 13 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 7fffe4d10300> value: #<<syslog-configuration> syslogd: #<file-append #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:636 7fffe49edf0?> ?))
   586:29 12 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type static-networking 7fffe4d1be80> value: (#<<static-networking> interface: "lo" ip: "127.0.0.1" netmask: #f gateway: #f provision: (loopback) ?> ?))
   586:29 11 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 7fffe4d10380> value: #<<mingetty-configuration> mingetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:745 7fffe49eddc0> tty: "tt?> ?))
   586:29 10 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 7fffe4d10380> value: #<<mingetty-configuration> mingetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:745 7fffe49eddc0> tty: "tt?> ?))
   586:29  9 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 7fffe4d10380> value: #<<mingetty-configuration> mingetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:745 7fffe49eddc0> tty: "tt?> ?))
   586:29  8 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 7fffe4d10380> value: #<<mingetty-configuration> mingetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:745 7fffe49eddc0> tty: "tt?> ?))
   586:29  7 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 7fffe4d10380> value: #<<mingetty-configuration> mingetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:745 7fffe49eddc0> tty: "tt?> ?))
   586:29  6 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 7fffe4d10380> value: #<<mingetty-configuration> mingetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/admin.scm:745 7fffe49eddc0> tty: "tt?> ?))
   586:29  5 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type agetty 7fffe4d103c0> value: #<<agetty-configuration> agetty: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/linux.scm:1507 7fffe46b0e60> tty: #f t?> ?))
   586:29  4 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type console-fonts 7fffe4d10440> value: (("tty1" . "LatGrkCyr-8x16") ("tty2" . "LatGrkCyr-8x16") ("tty3" . "LatGrkCyr-8x16") ("tty4" . "LatGrkCyr?> ?))
   586:29  3 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type virtual-terminal 7fffe4d104c0> value: #t> #<<service> type: #<service-type marionette-repl 7fffe4d34b80> value: #<<marionette-configuration>?> ?))
   586:29  2 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type marionette-repl 7fffe4d34b80> value: #<<marionette-configuration> device: "/dev/virtio-ports/org.gnu.guix.port.0" imported-modules: ((gnu se?> ?))
   586:17  1 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mcron 7fffe4c30000> value: #<<mcron-configuration> mcron: #<package [email-masked] gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm:2552 7fffe9a8f1e0> jobs: (#<gexp (j?>))
In gnu/services/mcron.scm:
   132:13  0 (mcron-shepherd-services _)

gnu/services/mcron.scm:132:13: In procedure mcron-shepherd-services:
In procedure allocate-struct: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting struct): #<procedure %shepherd-service?-procedure (obj)>
builder for `/gnu/store/kp01hrirz40h7p7aim4dspajjv3yyvda-guix-system-tests.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/kp01hrirz40h7p7aim4dspajjv3yyvda-guix-system-tests.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/kp01hrirz40h7p7aim4dspajjv3yyvda-guix-system-tests.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1v7j6wa0k6ffdfpy3q9pkwkhyz17hp9g-guix-system-tests-modules.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/cmha52znf9zig1srmq4nsfscf5686nzn-guix-66c31d507-modules.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/6zpgcrscw02pmai422nvy1lfp3gvi9fm-guix-module-union.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/j0za8iwyq2527bw0ywyzsj3pvkhqk6qc-guix-command.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/vdp37k5f9wbjlb5bnjs1g51d8p9pnk45-guix-daemon.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/gc1rsbvabqvj17fj8jliipglr5ani4v6-guix-66c31d507.drv': 3 dependencies couldn't be built
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It’s quite rare, but frequent enough for CI to experience it
occasionally.

Ludo’.