Subject: Re: bug#46878: 27.1; lisp-outline-level returns imprecise level number

From: Howard Melman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 13:57:32 -0500

On Mar 7, 2021, at 1:45 PM, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I tried to use your new definition, but noticed that
> it adds a new cycling state: while using outline-cycle-buffer
> previously it used to cycle between only two states
> (thus it was convenient to collapse/expand all headings
> with only one keypress S-TAB).
> 
> But with your change, it requires typing S-TAB twice
> to get the state where all headings are shown and
> their bodies are collapsed, because it cycles
> between three states.

Hmmm. Yes I have that, but I always had that in emacs-lisp-mode
even before this change.  The cycle commands cycle between
three states (top level, all headings and everything) and as I 
understand it, it's just a function of how many levels are defined, 
not what numbers they are called.

Howard