Subject: Re: bug#46853: Confusing terminology "face height" instead of "font size"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 20:25:18 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hmm, I'm not seeing the same here in emacs -Q.

Does it really make the faces bigger...  or just add more vertical blank
space?  It just calls:

  (when text-scale-mode
    (face-remap--remap-face 'default)
    (when text-scale-remap-header-line
      (face-remap--remap-face 'header-line)))

So, OK, it's not just the `default' face, but also `header-line'
optionally.  :-)

> But I'd argue that it's a bug -- why shouldn't `C-x C-+' adjust
> the size of `variable-pitch'?

I don't know the history of the command...  could it be because
remapping all faces would just be too slow?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no