Subject: Re: [bug#46848] [PATCHES] [core-updates] PEP 517 python-build-system

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 17:32:54 -0500

Hi Lars,

Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
>> When you judge the branch ready to merge, could you please send a subset
>> of the patches (at least the ones touching the python-build-system
>> directly) to this issue (marked as v2 -- git send-email -v2) so that
>> they can be more easily commented?
>
> as soon as time permits I can do that. Which route do we want to
> take? Replace python-build-system entirely in one big merge or add a
> new one and slowly migrate?

After the Berlin can be rebooted onto its new file system, I expect it
should allow us to keep the build farm much busier than in the past give
us the headroom to experiment with a PEP 517-focused world rebuilding
branch.

I'd aim to have the build system completely replaced; unless your
experience suggests it's going to take multiple weeks to fix iron out
the kinks?

Thanks,

Maxim