Subject: bug#4684: ispell not recognized when emacs 23 (on OS X) launched from icon

From: stucker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:43:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I am using GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS
apple-appkit-949.46) on OS X 10.5.8.

When I launch emacs from the terminal with

$ /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs &

I can use ispell as expected.

However, if I launch emacs by clicking on its icon - which presumably points
to the same binary file -
I get the following error:

apply: Searching for program: No such file or directory, ispell

Ispell is on my load path
("/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/"); even when I
do one of the following I get the same error:

(load "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/ispell")
(add-to-list 'load-path
"/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes")

The fact that it works if I launch the same application with the same .emacs
file from the terminal (no -Q option necessary) leads me to believe that the
conflict is not in any of my settings.

Thanks much!
-Stephen

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ispell-not-recognized-when-emacs-23-%28on-OS-X%29-launched-from-icon-tp25815078p25815078.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.