Subject: Re: bug#46829: Fresh install of 1.2.0 can't guix pull

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:25:43 +0200

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I couldn't figure out how to test an update of the Guix package, but
> here is my patch updating le-certs.

Cool!

> `make update-guix-package` segfaults for me, sometime after it updates
> the source tree but before adding the source checkout to the store.

Could you grab a backtrace, with:

  gdb $(which guile) core

where ‘core’ is the core file (it might live elsewhere on a foreign
distro).  It could be that the foreign distro packages being used are
buggy, or that a mixture of Guix- and distro-provided libraries are
being loaded.

In the meantime, you could also update the ‘guix’ package by hand for
testing purposes.

> From f0da45e7b78a6dd2b51dec1a948ea95866811c02 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 02:19:33 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: le-certs: Update to new Let's Encrypt certificates.
>
> * gnu/packages/certs.scm (le-certs): Update the certificate store.
> [inputs]: Add isrgrootx2.pem, letsencryptauthorityr3.pem,
> letsencryptauthorityr4.pem, letsencryptauthoritye1.pem, and
> letsencryptauthoritye2.pem. Remove letsencryptauthorityx3.pem and
> letsencryptauthorityx4.pem.
> [arguments]: Adjust the builder accordingly.

Nice!  So how do we know if/when this has to be updated?  Maybe we can
add a ‘release-monitoring-url’ property?

I just checked that the files currently in use were still there, and
they are, but they’re outdated.

Thanks!

Ludo’.