Subject: Re: bug#46827: Broken initial size of GTK3 frame

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 08:26:25 +0200

>> Please try to provide some sort of recipe to reproduce this.  Ideally
 >> without Gnus because I never used it.  Also, I've never seen a frame
 >
 > Sorry, not easy to distill many different things Gnus does to massage windows
 > into a simpler test case.

I understand.  But since nobody else has reported a similar issue till
now, I strongly suspect that `display-buffer-in-tab' is triggering it.

 >> "flash".  Is that a new frame?  Is there anything broken in the frame
 >> after the flash?
 >
 > It's in the same frame, and nothing is broken after the flash.
 > The visual effect is that after creating a new tab, everything
 > is erased on the frame including tab bars and the mode line
 > for a short time, and then redrawn back.

If this is GTK can you try with `x-wait-for-event-timeout' set to say 10
and tell whether that "flash" then takes ten seconds?  Here I've never
seen that "everything is erased on the frame" - usually some garbage
from elsewhere remains ...

martin