Subject: bug#46824: 28.0.50; nativecomp crash with cl-block/cl-defun

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 17:04:02 +0000

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 9:02 AM Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 6:13 AM Pip Cet <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> >> Andrea, is it possible to modify the code so _setjmp is called
>> >> directly rather than through a function pointer?
>> >
>> > This patch, which I hasten to add is not for inclusion and hasn't been
>> > tested against the test suite, might fix the problem (on non-Windows
>> > systems. I'm afraid this problem is something that Windows actually
>> > got right and Unix got wrong...) It does here, experimentally.
>> >
>> > I'd appreciate it if someone could test further.
>>
>> I haven't looked into the patch but the approach sounds like a good idea
>> to me. Can we have the version of the patch you'd like to have included?
>
> Here's the version I'd like to include. This should not cause any new
> test suite failures, just the ones I've been seeing all along. Apart
> from the ABI bump, it should not change anything on WINDOWSNT, which I
> can't test.
>
> Pip

Hi Pip,

thanks for the patch.

Please add to the patch the reported reproducer into
test/src/comp-test-funcs.el exercising it from test/src/comp-tests.el,
you can probably place it after the last reproducer that was added there
(46670).

Thanks

  Andrea