Subject: [bug#46823] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add python-readability.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:16:21 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 06 Mar 2021 at 18:44, Léo Le Bouter via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-03-06 at 11:13 +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

>> However, sorting inputs alphabetically has some value. For example,
>> it
>> makes it easier to add more inputs later, as it becomes less tedious
>> to
>> check for duplicates.
>
> Agreed but seeing all that has to be done in GNU Guix.. we can
> massively sort *-inputs another time can't we? Or if there's an
> automated pre-commit hook or Emacs "guix-packageer-mode" someone can
> make, I'll happily install it.

I am not convinced tooling for sorting inputs is worth here.  I mean
sorting the inputs (if there are not) or keeping sorted the inputs list
is so quick and easy compared to other parts of the packaging that
sorting is more a discipline than a concrete issue, similarly as two
spaces for the description’s sentences.  IMHO.

However, “guix lint” could warn when the inputs are not sorted.

And it remembers me this bug report:

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/42289>

Cheers,
simon