Subject: Re: [bug#46823] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add python-readability.

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 18:44:39 +0100

On Sat, 2021-03-06 at 11:13 +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> 
> I obviously cannot tell what is worth of your time. 

What do you mean?

> However, sorting inputs alphabetically has some value. For example,
> it
> makes it easier to add more inputs later, as it becomes less tedious
> to
> check for duplicates.

Agreed but seeing all that has to be done in GNU Guix.. we can
massively sort *-inputs another time can't we? Or if there's an
automated pre-commit hook or Emacs "guix-packageer-mode" someone can
make, I'll happily install it.

> What about a basic M-x sort-lines ? Note that you need to be cautious
> about the first and last inputs, as opening and closing parens should
> be
> sent to another line there.

That's what I was using and yes first and last lines makes it quite
annoying.

> If you don't want to special-casing first and last inputs, there's
> the
> more "advanced"
> 
>   M-x sort-regexp-fields RET (".+?".*?) RET \& RET
> 
> while selecting the full input field (with C-M-SPC).

Thank you that's really great, will use!

Léo