Subject: Re: bug#46820: 28.0.50; easy-menu-define failure in cmuscheme

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 15:11:09 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> After the recent change of adding easy-menu-define in scheme-mode,
> when the init file contains the line:
>
>   (require 'cmuscheme)
>
> loading Emacs fails with the error
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument keymapp nil)
>   define-key(nil [separator-eval] ("--"))
>   require(cmuscheme)

This should now be fixed on the trunk (well, the FSF server are very
slow today, so I'm having trouble pushing anything), but...  that
cmuscheme.el file is rather odd: It doesn't create a new mode or
anything, but just alters the scheme.el mode things, which means that
after you've loaded it, you can't use the regular scheme.el mode any
more.

Which is a very unusual way of doing things, to put it mildly.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no