Subject: bug#4681: Current CVS emacs fails

From: Gilbert Harman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:59:10 -0400

Last CVS (8:55 PM EDT October 8) on iMac running 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard):

After ./configure --with-ns
and then: make install

...
In file included from nsterm.h:20,
                 from nsterm.m:41:
dispextern.h:1250: error: array type has incomplete element type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_color_to_lisp’:
nsterm.m:1467: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1467: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1467: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1467: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1471: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘getWhite:alpha:’ from
incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1471: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘getWhite:alpha:’ from
incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1472: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf
format
nsterm.m:1472: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf
format
nsterm.m:1472: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf
format
nsterm.m:1478: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf
format
nsterm.m:1478: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf
format
nsterm.m:1478: warning: '0' flag ignored with precision and ‘%x’ printf
format
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_query_color’:
nsterm.m:1496: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1496: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1496: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:1496: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘getRed:green:blue:alpha:’
from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘note_mouse_movement’:
nsterm.m:1661: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘remember_mouse_glyph’ from
incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_mouse_position’:
nsterm.m:1730: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘remember_mouse_glyph’ from
incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’:
nsterm.m:2447: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m:2447: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m:2450: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m:2450: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct _NSRect’
nsterm.m:2450: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_dumpglyphs_stretch’:
nsterm.m:2818: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_draw_glyph_string’:
nsterm.m:2902: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2919: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2931: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2943: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m:2976: warning: passing argument 2 of
‘ns_get_glyph_string_clip_rect’ from incompatible pointer type
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView keyDown:]’:
nsterm.m:4500: warning: ‘wantsToDelayTextChangeNotifications’ is deprecated
(declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSInputManager.h:112)
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView characterIndexForPoint:]’:
nsterm.m:4709: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(unsigned
int)characterIndexForPoint:(NSPoint)thePoint’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSInputManager.h:45:
warning: previous declaration of
‘-(NSUInteger)characterIndexForPoint:(NSPoint)thePoint’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView initFrameFromEmacs:]’:
nsterm.m:5108: warning: class 'EmacsView' does not implement the
'NSWindowDelegate' protocol
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsView draggingEntered:]’:
nsterm.m:5399: warning: conflicting types for ‘-(unsigned
int)draggingEntered:(id <NSDraggingInfo>)sender’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSDragging.h:56:
warning: previous declaration of ‘-(NSDragOperation)draggingEntered:(id
<NSDraggingInfo>)sender’
nsterm.m: In function ‘+[EmacsScroller scrollerWidth]’:
nsterm.m:5684: warning: conflicting types for ‘+(float)scrollerWidth’
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSScroller.h:76:
warning: previous declaration of ‘+(CGFloat)scrollerWidth’
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsScroller setPosition:portion:whole:]’:
nsterm.m:5819: warning: ‘setFloatValue:knobProportion:’ is deprecated
(declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSScroller.h:107)
nsterm.m:5826: warning: ‘setFloatValue:knobProportion:’ is deprecated
(declared at
/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Headers/NSScroller.h:107)
nsterm.m: In function ‘-[EmacsScroller mouseDown:]’:
nsterm.m:5928: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has
type ‘NSScrollerPart’
make[1]: *** [nsterm.o] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2