Subject: Re: bug#46807: [website] return 404 with HTTP header 'Accept-Language: zh-CN, zh'

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 12:03:00 +0100

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 01:31:40PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
> I expect that adding it and changing ietf-tags.scm to use "zh-CN" will fix
> both 404s, but need to check that it doesn't break anything else.

I made the tiny change to guix-artwork’s ietf-tags.scm as
04c96a370b8cae48ed162e4414b8950cc65c513b now (sorry for taking so
long):

diff --git a/website/po/ietf-tags.scm b/website/po/ietf-tags.scm
index 32b81ef..5bd22f4 100644
--- a/website/po/ietf-tags.scm
+++ b/website/po/ietf-tags.scm
@@ -10,4 +10,4 @@
  ("de_DE" . "de")
  ("es_ES" . "es")
  ("fr_FR" . "fr")
- ("zh_CN" . "zh-cn"))
+ ("zh_CN" . "zh-CN"))

Note that the prior zh-cn URLs will be broken.

I will play around with nginx’ map directive to make zh-cn and zh
Accept-Language settings direct to the proper URL later, afterwards I
will close this bug.  zh-cn URLs remain invalid.  Links to the manual
continue to use zh-cn.

For testing I dug out the VM code
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2020-04/msg00195.html>
where I had removed parts of berlin that are not relevant to the
website.  The change breaks neither website nor manual.

Thanks ylc991 for the report!

Regards,
Florian