Subject: Re: [bug#46806] [PATCH] gnu: ocaml-4.07: Bootstrap.

From: pukkamustard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 10:19:09 +0100

Fantastic! Thank you and thanks to the camlboot project! I will 
try and
build this tonight.

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix!
>
> This small series adds camlboot, a project to reimplement a 
> bootstrap
> for OCaml, which lets us remove the pre-built boot/ocaml{c,lex} 
> :)
>
> The first patch builds the bootstraped ocamlc and ocamllex. This 
> takes
> around 4 hours to build. The second patch rebuilds them using 
> the source
> code for ocaml 4.07.1, instead of the modified sources used in
> camlboot, and reuse them to run the main Makefile (make 
> world.opt).
>
> As a result, we have identical files for this bootstrap and the
> unbootstrapped OCaml (up to output store paths and hash of some 
> files
> that get embedded in native files, which differ because of the
> different output path).