Subject: 27.1; Man page for git-config(1) is partly displayed in overstriked font

From: Tim Landscheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 22:10:56 +0000

Severity: minor

On (my) Fedora 32:

| emacs -Q --eval '(man "1 git-config")'

causes the part of the man page for git-config(1) from the
section title "CONFIGURATION FILE" to the word "prereceive"
in the entry for "receive.certNonceSlop" to be displayed in
overstriked font.

This is probably related to (or the same as?) bug #36927.

I understand that it is, eh, non-trivial to fix this asyn-
chronous chunked fontification, especially for minor cosme-
tical gain.  But perhaps it would be possible to append each
received chunk to another, "back" buffer, then, when the
process has ended and there was more than one chunk, fontify
that buffer and copy its contents to the "front" buffer, and
in both cases delete the "back" buffer.  (There might be a
more "correct" approach to replace the destructive
backward-delete-char calls & Co. with marking some text as
invisible, so the original input is not lost, but I'm more
interested in the output :-).)