Subject: Re: bug#46804: 27.1; Man page for git-config(1) is partly displayed in overstriked font

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:49:19 +0100

Tim Landscheidt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Well, if I had copied & pasted "pre-receive" correctly … :-)

:-)

>> So it's possible what you're seeing has been fixed in Emacs 28.  Would
>> it be possible for you to build the development version of Emacs and see
>> whether the problem is still present there?
>
> I have tested master and it works, and then backported
> 2e2a8e5491bc6259a9ebe8c703c1c501307953e2 to 27.1, and it
> fixes the issue.

Be aware, though, that that patch leads to severe regressions in eshell
(and sometimes in shell mode, too) -- you need f1fa35f0914f to fix that
problem.

And I'm not 100% sure about the fix in f1fa35f0914f, so backporting
these two things to Emacs 27 is out of scope, I think.  (We're only
fixing regressions in Emacs 27 now, and this man.el problem was also
present in Emacs 26, if I remember correctly.)  So this won't be fixed
in Emacs 27, but is fixed in Emacs 28, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no