Subject: Re: bug#4680: 23.1.50; minor url-http.el fix

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 03:03:35 -0400

Chris Newton wrote:

> Here is a small fix for the url-http function. When binding the
> url-show-status and/or url-display-percentage variables they would not
> get copied to the async buffer. So calls to url-lazy-message would not
> do the correct thing. The patch just adds those two functions to the
> list of variables to be copied. Thanks.

I'm sorry, can you explain why this is necessary? Can you give an
example of what the behaviour is with and without this change?

On the face of it, this change makes no sense to me. url-show-status
is a user option, and url-display-percentage is a function, not a
variable.

@@ -1142,6 +1144,8 @@
 		       url-http-chunked-start
 		       url-callback-function
 		       url-callback-arguments
+		       url-show-status
+		       url-display-percentage
 		       url-http-process
 		       url-http-method
 		       url-http-extra-headers