Subject: bug#4680: 23.1.50; minor url-http.el fix

From: Chris Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:51:43 -0600

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Greetings,

Here is a small fix for the url-http function. When binding the
url-show-status and/or url-display-percentage variables they would not
get copied to the async buffer. So calls to url-lazy-message would not
do the correct thing. The patch just adds those two functions to the
list of variables to be copied. Thanks.

Regards,
Chris Newton

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.6)
 of 2009-10-07 on gir
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr'
'--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
'--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23-cvs'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23-cvs' '--with-sound' '--with-x'
'--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg'
'--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft'
'--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk'
'--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5'
'--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  highlight-80+-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> C-SPC <C-right> <left> <left> <left> C-w <up>
<up> C-SPC <C-right> <left> <left> <left> <escape>
w C-a <down> C-y C-a <down> C-y C-x C-s C-a <down>
C-SPC <up> <up> <escape> w <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-y C-SPC
<down> <down> C-w C-x C-s C-a C-a <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <return> <return> <S-left> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <up> <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-a
<f1> <down> <f1> <down> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC <down>
<down> C-w <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> C-SPC <down>
<down> <escape> w <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-y C-x C-s <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <up> <return>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> <down>
C-a <down> C-SPC <C-right> <C-left> C-w <down> C-SPC
<C-right> <C-left> C-g <up> <up> C-a C-SPC <C-right>
<C-left> C-w <up> C-SPC <C-right> <C-left> <escape>
w <down> C-a C-t <down> C-a C-t C-x C-s <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <up> <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <triple-down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <triple-drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <up> SPC > SPC d i f f <return> m v SPC u
r <backspace> <backspace> d i f f SPC u r l - t t <backspace>
<backspace> h t t p . d i f f <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-1> <escape> C-g C-g <escape> x r e p o r t -
b <return>

Recent messages:
Undo!
Redo!
Mark set [3 times]
Saving file /home/baron/tmp/b/url/url-http.el...
Wrote /home/baron/tmp/b/url/url-http.el
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Mark set [4 times]
Saving file /home/baron/tmp/b/url/url-http.el...
Wrote /home/baron/tmp/b/url/url-http.el
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/baron/.emacs.d/elscreen/.TAGS hides /home/baron/.emacs.d/.TAGS
/home/baron/.emacs.d/ipython hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ipython/ipython
/home/baron/.emacs.d/python-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/python-mode/python-mode
/home/baron/.emacs.d/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/subversion/psvn
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/pgg-pgp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/pgg-pgp
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/pgg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/pgg
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/md4
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/sha1
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/hex-util
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/pgg-parse hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/pgg-parse
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/pgg-pgp5
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/pgg-gpg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/pgg-gpg
/home/baron/.emacs.d/desktop hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/desktop
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/pgg-def hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/pgg-def
/home/baron/.emacs.d/longlines hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/longlines
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode/ruby-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/home/baron/.emacs.d/sql hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/progmodes/sql
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flymake hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-jsinfo hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-latex
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-vm
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-protocol hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-macs hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-compat hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-rmail hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-indent hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-xoxo hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-exp-blocks hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-archive hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-faces hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-list hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-html hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-html
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-wl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-wl
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-mew hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-mew
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-icalendar hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-remember hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-remember
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-footnote hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-clock hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-bbdb hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-agenda hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-ascii hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-gnus hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-feed hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-timer hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-mouse hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-docbook hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-install hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-colview hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-mac-message hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-publish hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-publish
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-bibtex hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-exp
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-inlinetask hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-plot hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/baron/.emacs.d/org/org-attach hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/sasl
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/sasl-cram hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/sasl-digest hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/baron/.emacs.d/flim/hmac-def hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/baron/.emacs.d/wl/rfc2368 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/mail/rfc2368
/home/baron/.emacs.d/wl/utf7 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/gnus/utf7
/home/baron/.emacs.d/semi/smime hides /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/lisp/gnus/smime