Subject: longline mode and flyspell fails when type backspace

From: Marco Pessotto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:17:41 +0200

Longlines-mode fails using the backspace at the beginning of a line
(with a soft newline at the end of the previous line). It give the
message Error in post-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument integerp
nil). This disables the longlines-mode's auto-wrapping and the font
lock of flyspell.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-slackware-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
 2008-04-14 on midas Windowing system distributor `The X.Org
 Foundation', version 11.0.10400090 configured using `configure
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var'
 '--program-prefix=' '--program-suffix=' '--mandir=/usr/man'
 '--infodir=/usr/info' '--enable-static=no' '--enable-shared=yes'
 '--with-x' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--build=i486-slackware-linux'
 'build_alias=i486-slackware-linux' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i486
 -mtune=i686''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: it_IT.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
i SPC q u a n t o SPC a v e t e SPC f a t t o SPC f 
i n o r a , SPC =8e8 SPC n e c e s s a r i o SPC c h e 
SPC i n d i r i z z i t a <backspace> <backspace> a 
t e SPC i SPC v o s t r i SPC s v o r i d <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> f o 
r <backspace> z i <backspace> <backspace> r z i SPC 
M-b M-b M-b t u t t i SPC M-f M-f M-f M-f <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> , SPC i n c o r a g g i a t 
i SPC d a l l a SPC p a r o l a SPC d i SPC SPC D <backspace> 
<backspace> D i o , SPC a d SPC u n ' a l t r a M-b 
M-b M-f <backspace> M-f M-f SPC o p e r a SPC p i a 
. . . SPC I SPC T u r c h i SPC <backspace> , SPC u 
n SPC p o p o l o SPC d i SPC o r i g i n e SPC p e 
r s i a n a , SPC t e n <M-backspace> t e <backspace> 
<backspace> a l l e SPC f r o n t i e r r e SPC d <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-x b * m e <tab> s <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> M e <tab> <return> M-x g b 
u <backspace> <backspace> u b <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> b u <tab> g <tab> - <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Starting Firefox...
Auto-saving...done
Corrections: mante rene mante rene mante-rene mantene materne mantenente manterrete
Corrections: mante-rene mantene materne mantenente manterrete lanterne mantenne mantiene
Corrections: mantene materne mantenente manterrete lanterne mantenne mantiene materane
Auto-saving...done
Error in post-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument integerp nil)
Making completion list... [3 times]
Loading emacsbug...done