Subject: bug#46790: 28.0.50; make install with native-comp branch

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 08:35:30 +0100

Hello,

giving a try to native-comp branch.

I install Emacs generaly with:

make install bindir=/usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50 infodir=/usr/local/share/info-28.0.50

This always worked fine.  However with native-comp branch, I have to
manually add a symlink of "/usr/local/lib/emacs/28.0.50/native-lisp/" to
"/usr/local/sbin" otherwise I endup with an error:

thierry@IPadS340:/usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50$ ls
ctags  ebrowse  emacs  emacs-28.0.50  emacsclient  etags
thierry@IPadS340:/usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50$ ./emacs-28.0.50
emacs: /usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50/../native-lisp/28.0.50-40158ec0/window-0d1b8b93-738411b0.eln: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
thierry@IPadS340:/usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50$ ./emacs
emacs: /usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50/../native-lisp/28.0.50-40158ec0/window-0d1b8b93-738411b0.eln: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2021-02-24 built on IPadS340
Repository revision: 0ee1a16769bfc8d3e6205e8d8dabc3be34df48b4
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Linux Mint 19.3

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O3 -march=native' --with-nativecomp=yes
 --with-json=yes --with-mailutils --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ilisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-ligature-mode: t
  ligature-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  helm-epa-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(epa-mail gnutls epa-file network-stream nsm mailalias autocrypt-mu4e
addressbook-bookmark mu4e-config org-mu4e gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader mu4e-patch mu4e-contrib mu4e
mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context
mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils doc-view image-mode exif mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr kinsoku
svg dom flow-fill hl-line mu4e-vars mu4e-meta emamux helm-x-files
helm-for-files sh-script smie executable shadow sort autocrypt-message
autocrypt mail-extr face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm image-file
image-converter tramp-cache helm-bookmark bookmark emacsbug message rmc
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
helm-command jka-compr vc-filewise vc-rcs conf-mode ledger-config
ledger-mode ledger-check ledger-texi ledger-test ledger-sort
ledger-report ledger-reconcile ledger-occur ledger-fonts ledger-fontify
ledger-state ledger-complete ledger-schedule ledger-init ledger-xact
ledger-post ledger-exec ledger-navigate eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util ledger-context
ledger-commodities ledger-regex bug-reference naquadah-theme view solar
cal-dst holidays hol-loaddefs tv-utils sly-autoloads undo-tree diff
undo-tree-autoloads ligature ligature-autoloads boxquote rect
rainbow-mode-autoloads psession frameset wgrep-helm wgrep grep compile
text-property-search wgrep-autoloads log-view pcvs-util pcmpl-git
pcmpl-git-autoloads powerline powerline-separators color
powerline-themes powerline-autoloads toc-org-autoloads cl-indent ffap
markdown-toc-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads autocrypt-autoloads
config-w3m w3m-autoloads git-gutter git-gutter-autoloads mule-util appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs anaconda-mode xref project pythonic f dash s
anaconda-mode-autoloads pythonic-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads
eldoc-eval emamux-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads dash-autoloads
pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu iterator iedit-autoloads
ledger-mode-autoloads wdired dired-extension org-config ob-gnuplot
org-crypt net-utils time winner w3m-wget wget thingatpt wget-sysdep
autotest-mode autoconf-mode paren woman man ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util init-helm helm-fd
epa derived epg epg-config helm-epa helm-misc helm-imenu imenu
helm-elisp-package package url-handlers helm-find helm-org org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap isearch-light helm-descbinds cus-edit pp
wid-edit helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-ipython
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug backtrace find-func helm-info python
tramp-sh use-package-bind-key bind-key popup helm-adaptive diminish
helm-mode helm-files filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp auth-source password-cache
json map helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep
helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help helm-types
use-package-diminish helm-extensions-autoloads helm-config
helm-autoloads helm easy-mmode async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source eieio-compat eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired-async advice dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs async emms-autoloads use-package-core popup-autoloads
finder-inf diminish-autoloads mb-depth server comp comp-cstr warnings rx
cl-seq edmacro kmacro avoid cus-start cus-load use-package-autoloads
bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads info cl-extra help-mode easymenu
seq byte-opt straight subr-x cl-macs gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face pcase macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 661731 286737)
 (symbols 48 41455 4)
 (strings 32 156019 31841)
 (string-bytes 1 5776862)
 (vectors 16 78802)
 (vector-slots 8 1345750 234886)
 (floats 8 2140 1053)
 (intervals 56 5946 962)
 (buffers 992 107))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Thierry