Subject: bug#46790: 28.1; Bug#46790 reintroduced; Was make install with native-comp

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 08:52:31 +0300

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 05:39:45 +0000
> 
> 
> It seems bug#46790 has been reintroduced as I have this error when
> running emacs after installing:
> 
> Error using execdir /usr/local/sbin/emacs-29.0.50/:
> emacs: /usr/local/sbin/emacs-29.0.50/../native-lisp/29.0.50-ca991e8a/preloaded/window-0d1b8b93-0c17e2d3.eln: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please tell:

 . what is the directory where you installed the Emacs binary, the one
   invoked when you start Emacs "normally"
 . if that binary is a symlink, how is the symlink defined (is the
   file itself a symlink or is the directory a symlink?), and where
   does that symlink point
 . what is the directory where you have the pdumper file, and what is
   its name
 . if the pdumper file is itself a symlink, please provide the same
   details as for the Emacs binary
 . where is the native-lisp/ directory with the *.eln files produced
   during the build

In each case, please show the full absolute name of the files I'm
asking about.

Thanks.