Subject: Re: bug#46790: 28.0.50; make install with native-comp branch

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 16:28:21 +0300

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 13:14:23 +0000
> 
> > If the above is not with the branch HEAD, please do build and install
> > the latest branch.  The code changes since b064ddd3f60 are needed for
> > other use cases, so we won't revert them.  We need to understand why
> > the latest code doesn't work for you.
> 
> I am back with the branch at HEAD, as I said before, I can't have the
> error lines you ask because there is no more error at startup, only when
> using async-start or dired-async, sorry.

OK.  So the interactive session starts as expected, whether you invoke
Emacs by "emacs" via PAYH or by its explicit absolute file name
/usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50/emacs-28.0.50 or by going into
/usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50 and typing "./emacs", right?  So I think
there's progress.

I will see what can be done to understand why async-start fails.

In any case, what error messages do you see with async-start now? can
you show those messages in their entirety?

Thanks.