Subject: Re: bug#46790: 28.0.50; make install with native-comp branch

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 15:21:29 +0300

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 12:07:29 +0000
> 
> >> src/bootstrap-emacs.pdmp
> >> src/emacs-28.0.50.1.pdmp
> >> src/emacs.pdmp
> >
> > And these or their directories are not symlinked from somewhere else?
> 
> No these and their directories are not symlinks.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, then.

Would it be possible for you to give me an ssh login on your machine
and set up a guest account where I could run Emacs produced from that
branch's HEAD under GDB?  I'd need an unstripped binary of Emacs
installed as you do and access to the source tree identical to one you
used to build the branch.  I assume the same problem happens with
"emacs -nw", so I will not need any X forwarding support.

If this is possible, I think debugging of this tricky issue will be
much easier and more efficient, and will yield a solution faster.

TIA