Subject: bug#46790: 28.0.50; make install with native-comp branch

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 19:52:49 +0300

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 16:20:41 +0000
> 
> > So how did that running Emacs session start successfully if you say
> > that you needed the symlink to native-lisp/ ?
> 
> As said above it starts fine from /usr/local/bin but fails from
> /usr/local/sbin/emacs-28.0.50/emacs-28.0.50 and running ./emacs.

Is this the latest branch HEAD?  If so, it should display 2 lines
instead of one when it fails to find the *.eln files.  I need to see
both of those two lines.

If the above is not with the branch HEAD, please do build and install
the latest branch.  The code changes since b064ddd3f60 are needed for
other use cases, so we won't revert them.  We need to understand why
the latest code doesn't work for you.

Thanks.