Subject: Re: bug#46782: guix environment --expose options cannot be layered onto $PWD

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 21:23:24 -0500

Hello Josselin,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> A quick strace shows that it's actually an ordering issue: /home/user is
> mounted in the container after /home/user/tmp.  The fix is pretty
> simple, moving the cwd first, before the explicit --expose arguments.

Thanks for the troubleshooting and patch!  I've now applied it.

> I'm noticing that the --expose option creates an empty tmp folder in the
> user's home in that case though, which I don't like, however I don't
> think there's any better option.  Patch following.

At least it's better to be left with an empty directory than with
mysteriously nothing happening and the use case not working as expected
:-).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim