Subject: Re: bug#46780: java-snappy: Test failure on ci.guix.gnu.org

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 00:29:27 +0100

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:58:47 +0100
Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 23:08:42 +0100
> zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > What about adding a phase just before the test?  For example in this
> > build.xml file fix the max memory to 20G if it is greater.  

Thanks for the idea.

I first tested it with maxmemory="1M" and this fails with a OOM-error
on my pc, thus I knew this setting is really honored.

Now I set it to 2G and sent a patch under commit:

23dcf4339d1dc102b2c509a151734f4caff793bd

And it works now on Berlin:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/361691/details

Closing.

Björn

PS: While looking at the Cuirass logs, I remembered the other
memory-problem we head, it was with java-kafka-clients:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/361612/details
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40554

At first sight, we could try the same trick here. I will investigate
this in the next week, if not someone else is quicker.