Subject: Re: bug#46773: 28.0.50; Different heights for toolbar

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 23:19:09 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Seems so. (string-match-p "GTK3" system-configuration-features) should
> tell more reliably, though.

(string-match-p "GTK3" system-configuration-features)
=> 225

> Perhaps you icon theme doesn't provide scaled versions of the icons
> (mine includes .svg files for scaling) and GTK decided that it
> shouldn't scale the icons because of that.
>
> Just guessing, though. I tried a bunch of icons themes already
> installed on my machine and couldn't repro, but they probably all do
> provide scaled versions of the respective icons.
>
> And my GTK version is 3.24.20. Same Cairo version.

My toolbar looks totally different from all the other screenshots,
though.  I mean:

I'm using a dark mode, but is that (and the lack of scaling of the
icons) the only difference?

Is it possible that Gnome Shell (or something) is somehow interfering
here and substituting other icons?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no