Subject: Re: bug#46773: 28.0.50; Different heights for toolbar

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 19:40:04 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> Cc:
    >> [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] Date:
    >> Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:36:03 +0100
    >> 
    >> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> 
    >> > This reminds me of bug#40978, which is about scaling images in
    >> toolbars > and the like based on the same heuristics as we do for
    >> in-buffer images > -- I was somewhat leery about going down that
    >> path because the > repercussions seem unpredictable, but that
    >> would probably have fixed > what I'm seeing in this bug report...
    >> 
    >> Or...  looking at that again, that's probably a completely
    >> separate issue, because the toolbar icons probably don't go
    >> though the Emacs image code at all, but all that stuff is left up
    >> to the toolkit, which is GTK3 in my instance?  (I'm looking at
    >> gtkutil.c...)

    > Yes, I think you are right.

    > So why does it work fore Dmitry?

Is this what's happening here? If you compile emacs-28 with tookit=lucid
and separately with the default (tookit=gtk3) and compare the two emacs
-q --geometry 83X37 you get different sizes. The gtk3 emacs is slightly
taller than the lucid version. I attach a screen shot. On the right is
lucid and on the left is gtk3. The tool bars are of slightly different
height.

I apologise if my intervention is a irrelevant.

Best wishes,