Subject: Re: bug#46754: 28.0.50; Various map.el fixes and improvements

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 17:52:16 +0000

tags 46754 fixed
close 46754 28.1
quit

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> WDYT?
>
> Looks fine to me.  I wouldn't advertise the default `map-insert`
> implementation too much (especially not saying "it works for arrays and
> hash-tables"), since its performance makes it undesirable (and it is
> not specific to hash-tables nor arrays).
>
>> -In the base definition, MAP can be an alist, hash-table, or array."
>> +In the base definition, MAP can be a list, hash-table, or array."
>
> A list isn't a map, so I think it would be better to write "alist/plist" or
> somesuch to avoid giving the impression that lists can be treated as
> maps in general.

Thanks, both points make sense, and I think I addressed them, so I'm
closing this report.

Various map.el improvements
d925121b1e 2021-03-06 16:00:52 +0000
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=d925121b1e1cdf953705a5da43f8092f2a6e1d8c

-- 
Basil