Subject: bug#46722: test-map-into fails

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 12:47:33 +0100

Am Sa., 15. Jan. 2022 um 09:01 Uhr schrieb Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>:
>
> Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Thanks. In my case I also got flaky results for test-map-merge-empty,
> > test-map-into-hash-test, test-map-merge-with, and test-map-merge, as
> > well as the bindat tests (they already fail at
> > loading/byte-compilation time with (cl-no-applicable-method
> > bindat--type unpack (dest-ip ip) (src-ip ip) (dest-port uint 16)
> > (src-port uint 16))); any objection to marking them (or even all
> > affected tests) as unstable, too?
>
> Marking the other test-map* functions as unstable (on the release
> branch) should be fine.

OK, I've now done that with commit
2dcb1bc47485791177917bfbd8fba95d69454135. At least in my experiments
only the four ones that I marked are unstable.

>
> Are the bindat tests also failing because of the map problems, or is
> that unrelated?

It's at least the same symptom ("No applicable method", but only
sometimes), so I guess it's also the same root cause (the cl-generic
cache thingy discussed in this thread). In this case the problem
already appears when expanding the bindat-type macro (i.e. when
loading or byte-compiling the file), so we'd need to exclude
bindat-tests from the test suite altogether on the release branch.