Subject: Re: bug#46722: test-map-into fails

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 00:47:11 -0800

found 46722 29.0.50
thanks

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Package: emacs
> Version: 28.0.50
>
> Something between 8d5dfaf and efe42c2 (inclusive) causes test-map-into
> to reliably fail on hydra.nixos.org. We can't be more specific since
> intermediate revisions don't build. So far I could not reproduce the issue.
>
> Ref eg https://hydra.nixos.org/build/137474120
>
> (cl-no-applicable-method map-into ((a . 1) (b . 2)) (hash-table :test equal))

Here's a similar intermittent failure.  I got it once (this morning),
while running the automatic merges:

Test test-map-merge backtrace:
  signal(cl-no-applicable-method (map-into (a 1) (hash-table :test equ
  apply(signal (cl-no-applicable-method (map-into (a 1) (hash-table :t
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x1be1af7ee09701a0>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name test-map-merge :documentation "Test `
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/emacs-lisp/map-tests
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test test-map-merge condition:
    (cl-no-applicable-method map-into
                             (a 1)
                             (hash-table :test equal))
   FAILED  28/51  test-map-merge (0.000101 sec)
Test test-map-merge-empty backtrace:
  signal(cl-no-applicable-method (map-into nil (hash-table :test equal
  cl-no-applicable-method(#s(cl--generic :name map-into :dispatches ((
  apply(cl-no-applicable-method #s(cl--generic :name map-into :dispatc
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0x9923a443d6f3319>)(nil
  apply(#f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0x9923a443d6f3319
  map-into(nil (hash-table :test equal))
  map--merge(#f(compiled-function (result key value) #<bytecode 0x6e5c
  apply(map--merge #f(compiled-function (result key value) #<bytecode
  map-merge(list)
  apply(map-merge list)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x15c1e766ae726ce0>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name test-map-merge-empty :documentation "
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/emacs-lisp/map-tests
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test test-map-merge-empty condition:
    (cl-no-applicable-method map-into nil
                             (hash-table :test equal))
   FAILED  29/51  test-map-merge-empty (0.000099 sec)
Test test-map-merge-with backtrace:
  signal(cl-no-applicable-method (map-into ((1 . 2)) (hash-table :test
  apply(signal (cl-no-applicable-method (map-into ((1 . 2)) (hash-tabl
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0xace723ac53d8a75>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name test-map-merge-with :documentation ni
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/emacs-lisp/map-tests
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test test-map-merge-with condition:
    (cl-no-applicable-method map-into
                             ((1 . 2))
                             (hash-table :test equal))
   FAILED  30/51  test-map-merge-with (0.000090 sec)