Subject: bug#46713: 27.1; Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size in js-mode with js-indent-level 2 and indent-tabs-mode nil on new line

From: Ryan Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:22:14 -0700

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS
appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
 of 2020-08-11 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Recent messages:
Wrote /Users/CENSORED/CENSORED/src/CENSORED/CENSORED/CENSORED.js
Quit
2 (#o2, #x2, ?\C-b)
Saving file /Users/CENSORED/CENSORED/src/CENSORED/CENSORED/CENSORED.js...
Wrote /Users/CENSORED/CENSORED/src/CENSORED/CENSORED/CENSORED.js
Error during redisplay: (internal--syntax-propertize 2120) signaled
(error "Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size")
back-to-indentation: internal--syntax-propertize did not move
syntax-propertize--doneError during redisplay:
(internal--syntax-propertize 2645) signaled (error "Variable binding
depth exceeds max-specpdl-size")
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 2121) signaled (error
"internal--syntax-propertize did not move syntax-propertize--done")
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 3138) signaled (error
"Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size")
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 3638) signaled (error
"Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size")

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JavaScript[JSX]

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode js json subr-x map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv imenu cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 77539 14591)
 (symbols 48 9435 1)
 (strings 32 25046 1242)
 (string-bytes 1 941698)
 (vectors 16 13840)
 (vector-slots 8 178575 12426)
 (floats 8 30 274)
 (intervals 56 717 4)
 (buffers 1000 13))