Subject: bug#46712: closed (Re: bug#46712: Removed service extensions are not unloaded from Shepherd upon reconfiguring)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#46712: Removed service extensions are not unloaded from Shepherd upon reconfiguring

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46712: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46712
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#46712: Removed service extensions are not unloaded from Shepherd upon reconfiguring
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 08:35:46 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> At the Shepherd level, there’s no notion of service extension.
> Normally, after reconfiguring, “herd restart guix-daemon” (really
> “restart”, not “stop” + “start”) should start the new service, which
> doesn’t have all these ‘--chroot-directory’ options.

FTR, I had used 'guix deploy' and issued 'sudo herd restart guix-daemon'
on the remote after it completed successfully.  Why should stop + start
be different than restart though?  That seems counter-intuitive.

> Note that the guix-daemon process you should seems to be a child process
> (presumably because there was still a client running when you restarted
> the service), not the main guix-daemon process.
>
> You should check the command line of the main process, the one returned
> by “herd status guix-daemon”.

You are right that this process has the correct arguments:

$ sudo herd status guix-daemon
Status of guix-daemon:
  It is started.
  Running value is 25628.
  It is enabled.
  Provides (guix-daemon).
  Requires (user-processes).
  Conflicts with ().
  Will be respawned.

$ cat /proc/25628/cmdline
/gnu/store/rqif4yxa6ny4nxrdq6whnva2r089jm0c-guix-1.2.0-13.a53f711/bin/guix-daemon--build-users-groupguixbuild--max-silent-time0--timeout0--log-compressionnone--discover=no--substitute-urlshttps://ci.guix.gnu.org--max-jobs=20

Some of the other process were apparently caused by 'guix 
environment' shells still running in screen; I've terminated them all
now and ran 'sudo herd stop guix-daemon'; surprisingly I still had two
remaining guix-daemon processes that were launched manually for testing
purposes.  That's on a Guix system with an uptime of 174 days and
counting :-).

Thank you for the answer and sorry for the noise!  It works as designed.

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: Removed service extensions are not unloaded from Shepherd upon reconfiguring
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:37:25 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

After fixing https://issues.guix.gnu.org/36117 and reconfiguring my
system with it, one thing bothered me: the 'ps -eFww | grep guix-daemon'
would still show something like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
root     32139     1  0  3434  3504   0 10:28 ?        00:00:00
/gnu/store/rqif4yxa6ny4nxrdq6whnva2r089jm0c-guix-1.2.0-13.a53f711/bin/guix-daemon
11422               guixbuild --max-silent-time 0 --timeout 0
--log-compression none --discover=no --substitute-urls
http://127.0.0.1:8080 https://ci.guix.gnu.org --max-jobs=4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/mmhimfwmmidf09jw1plw3aw1g1zn2nkh-bash-static-5.0.16
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/01b4w3m6mp55y531kyi1g8shh722kwqm-gcc-7.5.0-lib
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/zzkly5rbfvahwqgcs7crz0ilpi7x5g5p-ncurses-6.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/z1iyvbvnkd7zkjxsx157n6qx2iwzxq7p-alsa-lib-1.2.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/yg1qj1kzf7wwkvls8n5p9cjq96xrwx03-libcap-ng-0.8.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/xwl0p4m34bcan0v9vkjkyzwi6znsv4dm-pixman-0.38.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/zqr3v3czlqlsamlp5kvvf15q0h13g6jn-orc-0.4.32
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/vfr3y4j0hqrf2vg8cdb7999604gg6xwc-libjpeg-turbo-2.0.5
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/rykm237xkmq7rl1p0nwass01p090p88x-zlib-1.2.11
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/q5s876bc5yghh6na3ibvfxlvj6fcj17l-mit-krb5-1.18
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/jdsrgf5k9xys81z4mwnwm94mk73h160h-opus-1.3.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/knp4rkdm39ph4brkbzsp07q248nfffi1-readline-8.0.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/imh5xxqw10dql4crlngbbjh4r24raf4j-expat-2.2.9
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/bw15z9kh9c65ycc2vbhl2izwfwfva7p1-libffi-3.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/a9f7wmc75hbpg520phw9z4l9asm3qvsw-bzip2-1.0.8
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/9h9153akbd6g2520mcl2d0vgbvyfi5qm-openssl-1.1.1i
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/9860f1abqj8wjjnwl8a9v54pdcc3bhgf-xz-5.2.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/807c6g9xqrxdjyhm8wm1r6jjjmc8q4vs-sqlite-3.31.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/5yjp2rlvhjbxn02w5vby35ymrs0fmcjb-gdbm-1.18.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/rz42ba0my9vrgbkjpkzr2drmnjk5ah50-python-3.8.2
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/k0aqiy7yx8n28dvm3f0a04ka5sd8y950-pcre-8.44
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/8nh0hbrr8iaz6qkwavcnzi0824f3xb68-libsepol-3.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/mp73dgyk8r3nhzk4dyx0iyvak9nk8y4n-libselinux-3.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/a45p39mgqvfd8kjwibyr0q42k1mw7gmf-util-linux-2.35.1-lib
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/h7sy4hr7arjknbyy1aq0xwv6fksnzw9n-libxau-1.0.9
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/cqwj25wxzzs8frz5c9alqns24bcfspqz-libbsd-0.10.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6cdl970wcv4jhvpgbh8sdj54a5gwhmwj-libxdmcp-1.1.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/3x6y8kpbwjmzpndjfhdbn654g7dm85cp-libxcb-1.14
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/fx3979c88s9yxdbchyf36qryawgzpwb5-libx11-1.6.10
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/12ws549m1rj0ca3ara0fxvnms7yi6bpx-dbus-1.12.16
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/4vmhbc31cpbnlw3c96kcc094ihmaf7dv-glib-2.62.6
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/9if71w58d5mkxfxyc7fpz289qssnkqsv-gstreamer-1.18.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/yrb8dfcf1ay6wfaqcr3y9k4bb94cyxld-cdparanoia-10.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/qrs0p8j3wq6q5a4dm0ndjdavk9gyal5q-libxext-1.3.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/krpyb0zi700dcrg9cc8932w4v0qivdg9-pkg-config-0.29.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/i8h2pcxqdq07ijm3ibkka8f4smn1w48v-bzip2-1.0.8
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/3x2kak8abb6z2klch72kfff2qxzv00pj-libpng-1.6.37
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/j3f5hx6yvhlj3sapiipigkwg05b49nwn-freetype-2.10.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/7y3lvk3xf4im8n44337mc6y0ccysvfia-font-dejavu-2.37
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/skxf0dmvgrw84pb2yzi1g1hwn0swv9kx-fontconfig-2.13.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/cw69is9wbbllwx95wky4pmbcsk4vvbpd-libxrender-0.9.10
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/na0x00biq02fm5cyj5a8r67qwsnsskw8-cairo-1.16.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/16v7w5z5h5dxvi23q096qarhdngvkwmh-libogg-1.3.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/lksia9ig14j9xb7nib531nhli2yf2g74-libtheora-1.1.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/kvdycbqq60r6wsqcwjsbj97r3pkrn44p-libxv-1.0.11
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/zravcm0vwdj733ipalw07cg2gwzjlljh-libxft-2.3.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/izyah9qg6d7y1l4w8h01qh15grqn5d8x-graphite2-1.3.13
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/ckwyq3y43i33s5fl9hb6c51418rh1qwj-icu4c-66.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/rfdjzqvdawlz68ikd7zqn325h7xs716j-harfbuzz-2.6.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/llccvnpm1dm94d7lndrhs2m6421p45pd-fribidi-1.0.9
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6afij9jsvy30gk0yswd1n5f3xg5wx9mj-pango-1.44.7
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/36jss745s64r1xrzi2f463y4j522f977-libvorbis-1.3.7
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6yayj1vy1k76rmf06izwxk4kfd5klgdf-gst-plugins-base-1.18.2
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/6hffmlj7g2961fxs0gkgqax4s8ykc4rp-lz4-1.9.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/20bgydwiszx3wrdqg7py2lby20dz09bg-cyrus-sasl-2.1.27
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/xfmwvyclihlbzc6qssgwsy505gsins73-spice-0.14.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/n10y99pf7pq8qh7sfb7fg80yyjjy1g32-libusb-1.0.24
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/wra4kly9j4hb1lay28f077cczljz9b77-usbredir-0.8.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/w668dl13dac6gpxvyhic21dnifrrijp6-libseccomp-2.5.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/57xj5gcy1jbl9ai2lnrqnpr0dald9i65-coreutils-8.32
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/8zvc5mvk0xm3ygrxsgpyy5ilxb5rzjry-perl-5.30.2
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/pi8p64hkx6mwmpyskc5hr8jqx924p55i-nspr-4.29
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/i7vlz7adx5aapdg9cgwjqwvaqlacxh14-nss-3.59
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/w44ijf3y2bfwr02l03q9rs4c9xjq448v-libcacard-2.7.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/rv567nsh90bqz5gfh6sh1g84jccxcifa-llvm-11.0.0
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/r7k859hmcnkazf492fasqvk25jflnfk6-xz-5.2.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/c8w9z48vvx2a3q3k44ch9yn00wk1qwhb-libxml2-2.9.10
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/qwxfy2jyhq2744s4ljcqk3hwcpsf93aq-wayland-1.18.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/lgcdxkgj7ld2pwilncc2z9gyzrc7nr4a-elfutils-0.182
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/i363a64l5kd77z3q91v5gh3hh4214byp-kmod-27
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6libjsymzjbmq96mbx3hbbgxad588g6h-pciutils-3.7.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/vkwzprr8pdmyb9vapfqcq3zp3ylaiddb-libpciaccess-0.16
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/kx58xc3hxa9b0mp1hl7pzz43bl7gh18h-libdrm-2.4.103
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/jwga98k68l0h5c45jx7z4jdjzhfc34vm-libxshmfence-1.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/c3zbbynb590yxrpwcxrkll80mn66h3kf-libxxf86vm-1.1.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/acv2khs5q9c8azzyq93dakzbkjdl0glb-libxvmc-1.0.12
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/9z9gd76la5bww3sqgg2ax0h00msl28k6-libxfixes-5.0.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/2wysr1lr7b5mc444m39qz107n92xm5xq-libxdamage-1.1.5
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/1jjl5ggl676malqkx9nxfvnm5wmnv70m-libxrandr-1.5.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/7disnxqw8i3n4zhw5s0xj9kkdckkmr1p-mesa-20.2.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/jk6cs3bvrg1hr3w6zz8vpqn3zcllvzwi-libepoxy-1.5.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/sr1smpijax5kk8256c5vsv7hhzzghwh7-virglrenderer-0.6.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/ngfzj8sjvavwqvnmxi4l27xi9sgayqr1-libevent-2.1.11
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/hgr362nvsjrm8nli47waxl8q7ymi6h9s-libcap-2.31
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/ggwz99h5m080bkgyj1w653ps5864vqiy-libdaemon-0.14
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/s69jhnl7avgcp8bnmhj82nm93hc8nipx-avahi-0.8
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/q0111brhf73if977f8c31rpjnwjvzsrd-libpaper-1.1.24
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/hbqlzgd8hcf6ndcmx7q7miqrsxb4dmkk-gs-fonts-8.11
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/d80nhbm9g2y246ajx7q6mpmwh5fssiwq-libtiff-4.1.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/zg126cjicrpm2p6zc08ra5vh4ddag7ww-libgc-8.0.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/vb12knxd3cdrgnk548l4f6m628ikg8pf-libtasn1-4.16.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/4i9lvjz9z9j4kj412jpqv4zxjcik9qcb-libunistring-0.9.10
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/pzm72ywfyqv1g0h4571p6zlhg566cwwd-libidn2-2.3.0
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/35afkywncrr5xsb4cxcljf6rpjcb7f61-gmp-6.2.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/mz5fvdfks10rmwxf29n95bp9bim6wq7g-nettle-3.5.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/i5a9qb07y9xjh9ry8hp6km43kji16nmd-libltdl-2.4.6
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/fvhj74pghapbjvsvj27skvkra1by1965-bash-minimal-5.0.16
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/18hp7flyb3yid3yp49i6qcdq0sbi5l1n-guile-3.0.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/198dw01d3mp26ghdxym5hsi60lfynm9m-gnutls-3.6.15
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/78rc8isxy90n5xs0ci84ym14fxkpc2ap-cups-minimal-2.3.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/4gwakx3vkmyzpk72dap8mpckyzhlf1jk-jbig2dec-0.18
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/yf81h4xdajc6jbxs5amqajai9w0yfixb-ghostscript-with-cups-9.52
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/yav4zlcwczvpq26s8q149if8n6amvkyi-qpdf-10.0.1
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/86p77x91sx6a702f9s4a3a43yf0i03kj-lcms-2.9
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/vywzrxkjrna28jmdjc4crl4hyf7gpghc-openjpeg-2.3.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/06waislc8ix5xy6xli5ibcgc9753991v-cairo-1.16.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/fc1rxw5sfzxyrxbgami9yr4mylhqas91-poppler-0.86.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/dxsdv7nnq2in28ppbh07hli0p17znjni-cups-filters-1.27.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/yndxxc2b9lyfdsvwwlxz2piy1k4p98zf-cups-2.3.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/x3sgkg38hrawbwnlmvv6k2lq9hkbq631-libxcursor-1.2.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/k1nzzz06q1byj60n3m8m6wx4kp3i4x47-libxi-1.7.10
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/j8r1yfa36g3vlxlbrmkx4q3m5r53s5d7-libcroco-0.6.13
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6x1fca88scbzql6844xpf7pk1hs6xacp-pango-1.42.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/0676qmb2pdi3kh37sjgba3g826sqzfsk-gdk-pixbuf-2.40.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/3a6vlmijrccam7m1xbds13xq35lxv8a0-librsvg-2.40.21
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/irjan5wq7j25fa2m6n2xhl8mglsaqxn4-gdk-pixbuf+svg-2.40.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/dkm59bch3zdnhsxdqv13gvx7sf9h0zp0-atk-2.34.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/qz3zdrz12rxawlkvah9qjhjyf6fh1v98-xkeyboard-config-2.31
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/dgs5apgmmbhgy9r901akix1h122dlh3g-libxkbcommon-1.0.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/bnfwds89wf2ffsagmpmq2m769p52s4i2-libxtst-1.2.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/s73zsgfawx0vrizi50y4jhwdq7k41f51-at-spi2-core-2.34.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/8jhflv0lv1vaa058ydzwdy64daw3s64m-at-spi2-atk-2.34.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/53j0cm2ws9g67a318bs5gplyiyjbnyqr-libxinerama-1.1.4
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/n2cnp2fivxq10kxqalcv2q41wzsyj9yd-gtk+-3.24.24
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/svplp9wl0g2ahlv5rf6bhmq3xvp4zzh3-eudev-3.2.9
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/pc6dg1giwmy8fx20rm0hmxs29h9b1ad1-libcap-2.45
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/k0qs5d487wvgcd0qy32fxi01xb8iryqb-speexdsp-1.2.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/cv3xvkpxdfkf5sm4yzn4cwfkhx37p5dh-bdb-6.2.32
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/8d016xp69bzag8vc4r3w3fg6y1p1gcn2-libsndfile-1.0.30
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6j0110bhafaxy9ja1apldszpjjg57fja-libice-1.0.10
--chroot-directory /gnu/store/66qbwqdaw53pfim2yqqhjx5pbkdygdha-sbc-1.5
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/30lpkdz8bvs13ps2qf55mjzv09v08741-libsm-1.2.3
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/2rc3mpcdrc7ywrhpxyhx1rjpmifdw4md-jack-0.125.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/02z5vgdhgxw4gcjvhx51mvy1ax4lzxmp-fftwf-3.3.8
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/lpdwh8j6xpfgg716d4lny6j0mjdn1fis-pulseaudio-14.0
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/vkvsf3g91sfpxz9imlairxqm2hh8qlwb-libpcap-1.9.1
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/003ny8nsfmcbpm6mmivggyzj58ld9fzd-openssl-1.0.2u
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/bymn22y4irfn9hkp6z8jc03xxbz3i6ly-vde2-2.3.2
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/6j8k26az3603pabrkgq5rilj07jmvxy9-libaio-0.3.112
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/2zq80i8hbhxv2z35h03hpyghlclsqfch-sdl2-2.0.12
--chroot-directory
/gnu/store/xji0gbq0axvbk9fvk7hry48sshcji5y5-qemu-5.1.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Even after restarting both the guix-daemon and qemu-binfmt services.

The guix-daemon.scm service definition referenced by my system is this:

$ guix gc -R /run/current-system | grep guix-daemon.scm
/gnu/store/m3b1d3awnnjal093hqc5qjxhxskn5px2-shepherd-guix-daemon.scm

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(eval-when
    (expand load eval)
  (let
      ((extensions
        (quote
         ()))
       (prepend
        (lambda
            (items lst)
          (let loop
              ((items items)
               (lst lst))
            (if
             (null? items)
             lst
             (loop
              (cdr items)
              (cons
               (car items)
               (delete
                (car items)
                lst))))))))
    (set! %load-path
          (prepend
           (cons "/gnu/store/hbvk7jym815f4xqhpkpjhqs3rh30y437-module-import"
                 (map
                  (lambda
                      (extension)
                    (string-append extension "/share/guile/site/"
                                   (effective-version)))
                  extensions))
           %load-path))
    (set! %load-compiled-path
          (prepend
           (cons "/gnu/store/viyhk32c77k0bz0ww2r9kq44gj30gq25-module-import-compiled"
                 (map
                  (lambda
                      (extension)
                    (string-append extension "/lib/guile/"
                                   (effective-version)
                                   "/site-ccache"))
                  extensions))
           %load-compiled-path))))
(begin
  (use-modules
   (srfi srfi-1)
   (ice-9 match)
   (gnu build shepherd))
  (make <service> #:docstring
        (quote "Run the Guix daemon.")
        #:provides
        (quote
         (guix-daemon))
        #:requires
        (quote
         (user-processes))
        #:one-shot?
        (quote #f)
        #:respawn?
        (quote #t)
        #:start
        (lambda args
          (define proxy
            (or
             (getenv "http_proxy")
             #f))
          (define discover?
            (or
             (getenv "discover")
             #f))
          (fork+exec-command/container
           (cons* "/gnu/store/rqif4yxa6ny4nxrdq6whnva2r089jm0c-guix-1.2.0-13.a53f711/bin/guix-daemon" "--build-users-group" "guixbuild" "--max-silent-time" "0" "--timeout" "0" "--log-compression" "none"
                  (string-append "--discover="
                                 (if discover? "yes" "no"))
                  "--substitute-urls" "http://127.0.0.1:8080 https://ci.guix.gnu.org" "--max-jobs=4"
                  (append-map
                   (lambda
                       (file)
                     (append-map
                      (lambda
                          (directory)
                        (list "--chroot-directory" directory))
                      (call-with-input-file file read)))
                   (quote
                    ())))
           #:pid
           (match args
             ((pid)
              (string->number pid))
             (else
              (getpid)))
           #:environment-variables
           (append
            (list
             (string-append "GUIX_LOCPATH=" "/gnu/store/395pvii4bcjqxvdv7h0drq10lxi01sv1-glibc-utf8-locales-2.31" "/lib/locale")
             "LC_ALL=en_US.utf8")
            (if proxy
                (list
                 (string-append "http_proxy=" proxy)
                 (string-append "https_proxy=" proxy))
                (quote
                 ())))
           #:log-file "/var/log/guix-daemon.log"))
        #:stop
        (make-kill-destructor)
        #:actions
        (make-actions
         (set-http-proxy "Change the HTTP(S) proxy used by 'guix-daemon' and restart it."
                         (lambda*
                             (_ #:optional proxy)
                           (let
                               ((environment
                                 (environ)))
                             (if proxy
                                 (begin
                                   (format #t "changing HTTP/HTTPS proxy of 'guix-daemon' to ~s...~%" proxy)
                                   (setenv "http_proxy" proxy))
                                 (begin
                                   (format #t "clearing HTTP/HTTPS proxy of 'guix-daemon'...~%")
                                   (unsetenv "http_proxy")))
                             (action
                              (quote guix-daemon)
                              (quote restart))
                             (environ environment)
                             #t)))
         (discover "Enable or disable substitute servers discovery and restart the\n'guix-daemon'."
                   (lambda*
                       (_ status)
                     (let
                         ((environment
                           (environ)))
                       (if
                        (and status
                             (string=? status "on"))
                        (begin
                          (format #t "enable substitute servers discovery~%")
                          (setenv "discover" "on"))
                        (begin
                          (format #t "disable substitute servers discovery~%")
                          (unsetenv "discover")))
                       (action
                        (quote guix-daemon)
                        (quote restart))
                       (environ environment)
                       #t))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It seems to be that service extensions are not unloaded when removed
from the services that caused them to be loaded?

Thanks,

Maxim