Subject: `read-passwd' does not recognize keypad enter key

From: Michael Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:36:47 -0700 (PDT)

My Kinesis keyboard's "enter" key is read by Emacs as kp-enter.  As a
result, the enter key does not terminate a password as read by
`read-passwd'.  This patch corrects that problem.

                    -Michael Ernst

Changelog entry:

2009-10-08  Michael Ernst  <[email-masked]>

	* subr.el (read-passwd): Add 'kp-enter to stop-keys.

--- /homes/gws/mernst/bin/src/emacs-22/Linux-i686/emacs/lisp/subr.el	2009-10-01 10:47:42.000000000 -0700
+++ -	2009-10-07 22:31:51.839795567 -0700
@@ -1940,7 +1940,7 @@
 	    (echo-keystrokes 0)
 	    (cursor-in-echo-area t)
 	    (message-log-max nil)
-	    (stop-keys (list 'return ?\r ?\n ?\e))
+	    (stop-keys (list 'return ?\r ?\n ?\e 'kp-enter))
 	    (rubout-keys (list 'backspace ?\b ?\177)))
 	(add-text-properties 0 (length prompt)
 			     minibuffer-prompt-properties prompt)