Subject: bug#46707: closed (TeXmacs: Segmentation fault when starting interactive session)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#46707: TeXmacs: Segmentation fault when starting interactive session

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46707: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46707
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: TeXmacs: Segmentation fault when starting interactive session
From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 23:54:34 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I can't reproduce the issue anymore in the following versions. The feature works quite nicely.

texmacs 2.1.1

guix describe
Generation 52	Dec 23 2021 11:56:54	(current)
  guix 037c2b6
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 037c2b6d3acdf7f5b68ecb3024ef90bce85922df

---
Luis Felipe López Acevedo

Subject: TeXmacs: Segmentation fault when starting interactive session
From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:16:31 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The program crashes when starting any interactive session (except for a Scheme session).

TeXmacs 1.99.18
Guix c5dc87f
Guix System Linux gnu 5.10.14-gnu

## Steps to reproduce

1. Start TeXmacs from a terminal: LANG=C texmacs.
2. Create a new document: Press Ctrl+N (if there isn't one already).
3. Start an interactive Python session: In the main menu, Insert → Session → Python.

## Expected result

A new Python input field is inserted in the position of the caret.

## Unexpected result

The program crashes with the following error:

★★★★★★★★★★
LANG=C texmacs
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
TeXmacs] debug-shell, Launching 'python3 "/gnu/store/yv1d98c2xjjj1bx776hvj9r2w05mrni7-texmacs-1.99.18/share/TeXmacs/plugins/tmpy/session/tm_python.py"'
Throwing segmentation fault
-------------------------------------------------
Error message:
  segmentation fault

System information:
  TeXmacs version  : 1.99.18
  Built by         :
  Building date    : Thu Feb 11 14:31:30 UTC 2021
  Operating system : linux-gnu
  Vendor           : unknown
  Processor        : @CONFIG_HOST_CPU@
  Crash date       : Mon Feb 22 10:59:56 -05 2021

Editor status:
  Root path          : [ 1 ]
  Current path       : [ 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 0, 0 ]
  Shifted path       : [ 1, 0, 2, 1, 1, 0, 0 ]
  Physical selection : [ 1, 0, 0 ] -- [ 1, 0, 0 ]

Backtrace of C++ stack:
  texmacs.bin() [0xfa8c19]
  texmacs.bin() [0x5dfc9c]
  /gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/lib/libc.so.6 : () + 0x36b20
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : () + 0x2239d9
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : () + 0x21e1ae
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QProcess::start(QString const&, QStringList const&, QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>) + 0x162
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QProcess::start(QString const&, QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>) + 0x114
  texmacs.bin() [0x4f0ab7]
  texmacs.bin() [0xe65bee]
  texmacs.bin() [0x74bb34]
  texmacs.bin() [0x74c84a]
  texmacs.bin() [0xaca38a]
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : () + 0x5023c
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_dapply() + 0x9b5
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_c_with_throw_handler() + 0x109
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_c_catch() + 0x136
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_internal_catch() + 0xe
  texmacs.bin() [0xb6368c]
  texmacs.bin() [0xd0b946]
  texmacs.bin() [0xd0c6e3]
  texmacs.bin() [0xacbea0]
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : () + 0x504c1
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_dapply() + 0x9b5
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_c_with_throw_handler() + 0x109
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_c_catch() + 0x136
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_internal_catch() + 0xe
  texmacs.bin() [0xb6368c]
  texmacs.bin() [0xd0b946]
  texmacs.bin() [0xe557ff]
  texmacs.bin() [0xe560f1]
  texmacs.bin() [0xe5809a]
  texmacs.bin() [0x4e43bf]
  texmacs.bin() [0xcb4655]
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : () + 0x2e2703
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QTimer::timeout(QTimer::QPrivateSignal) + 0x27
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QTimer::timerEvent(QTimerEvent*) + 0x28
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QObject::event(QEvent*) + 0x8b
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5 : QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 0x9c
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5 : QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 0x21f
  texmacs.bin() [0xcb3f4b]
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 0x103
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QTimerInfoList::activateTimers() + 0x3d9
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : () + 0x306129
  /gnu/store/4vmhbc31cpbnlw3c96kcc094ihmaf7dv-glib-2.62.6/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 : g_main_context_dispatch() + 0x2aa
  /gnu/store/4vmhbc31cpbnlw3c96kcc094ihmaf7dv-glib-2.62.6/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 : () + 0x510d8
  /gnu/store/4vmhbc31cpbnlw3c96kcc094ihmaf7dv-glib-2.62.6/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 : g_main_context_iteration() + 0x2c
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 0x5c
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 0x12a
  /gnu/store/vpvnd6593mjncvyir2rbgp3k83cr7w0a-qtbase-5.15.2/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 : QCoreApplication::exec() + 0x83
  texmacs.bin() [0x450405]
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : () + 0x6859f
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : () + 0x4068a
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_c_catch() + 0x136
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_i_with_continuation_barrier() + 0xa4
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_c_with_continuation_barrier() + 0x30
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_i_with_guile_and_parent() + 0x28
  /gnu/store/5dd1vnwdivh7kx6qzaqr35rilphmsf1l-guile-1.8.8/lib/libguile.so.17 : scm_boot_guile() + 0x25
  texmacs.bin() [0x42ddf7]
  /gnu/store/fa6wj5bxkj5ll1d7292a70knmyl7a0cr-glibc-2.31/lib/libc.so.6 : __libc_start_main() + 0xed
  texmacs.bin() [0x44f29a]

-------------------------------------------------
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'string'
Abortado
★★★★★★★★★★

---
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/