Subject: Re: bug#46688: 27.1; Best to still say "0 minutes"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 16:03:08 +0100

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Regarding gnus-article-date-headers '(combined-local-lapsed) etc.
> When one is used to the first format below, and then, there is a 1/60
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 09:40:24 +0800 (17 hours, 36 minutes, 1 second ago)
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:15:02 +0800 (17 hours, 54 seconds ago)
> chance it will be the second format, and their   ^
> "brain has a heart attack" right there           ^
> because someone slipped the seconds into where   ^
> the minutes usually are. "54 minutes? The        ^
> professor has already gone home! Oh no."         ^
> And by this time your read this they are already ^
> dead.

That does sound very serious, but I think it's fine the way it is.
Closing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no