Subject: 28.0.50; Emacs freezes when disabling toolbar

From: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:00:51 +0100

Trying to disable the toolbar from the menu or with M-x toolbar-mode
results in freeze

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14042))
 of 2021-02-21 built on paag.local
Repository revision: e6842038c9c48131503804b139872bd565a245d9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.6

Configured using:
 'configure --without-x --with-ns --with-modules --with-xpm --with-jpeg
 --enable-silent-rules PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include CC=clang
 OBJC=clang 'CFLAGS=-g -O2'
 LIBXML2_CFLAGS=-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/libxml2
 LIBXML2_LIBS=-lxml2'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 51488 7834)
 (symbols 48 6513 1)
 (strings 32 18169 2415)
 (string-bytes 1 606080)
 (vectors 16 12618)
 (vector-slots 8 177259 7539)
 (floats 8 21 29)
 (intervals 56 220 0)
 (buffers 992 10))
 
—
PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ
[email-masked]
Universidad Carlos III Madrid

Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden…
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden.
Georg Kreisler