Subject: bug#46687: closed (Re: bug#46687: 28.0.50; Emacs freezes when disabling toolbar)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:59:01 +0000

Your bug report

#46687: 28.0.50; Emacs freezes when disabling toolbar

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46687: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46687
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#46687: 28.0.50; Emacs freezes when disabling toolbar
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:58:13 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 01:10:48PM +0100, PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> 
> Checked on 10.15 too and it works perfectly. I’m able to enable and
> disable toolbar mode from init.el en from M-x and Emacs doesn’t hang
> anymore.

Excellent, thanks.

I'll push the change up now.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 28.0.50; Emacs freezes when disabling toolbar
From: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:00:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Trying to disable the toolbar from the menu or with M-x toolbar-mode
results in freeze

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14042))
 of 2021-02-21 built on paag.local
Repository revision: e6842038c9c48131503804b139872bd565a245d9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.6

Configured using:
 'configure --without-x --with-ns --with-modules --with-xpm --with-jpeg
 --enable-silent-rules PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include CC=clang
 OBJC=clang 'CFLAGS=-g -O2'
 LIBXML2_CFLAGS=-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/libxml2
 LIBXML2_LIBS=-lxml2'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 51488 7834)
 (symbols 48 6513 1)
 (strings 32 18169 2415)
 (string-bytes 1 606080)
 (vectors 16 12618)
 (vector-slots 8 177259 7539)
 (floats 8 21 29)
 (intervals 56 220 0)
 (buffers 992 10))
 
—
PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ
[email-masked]
Universidad Carlos III Madrid

Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden…
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden.
Georg Kreisler