Subject: Re: bug#46670: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] possible miscompilation affecting lsp-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 16:58:25 +0200

> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 12:41:42 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked], Mauricio Collares <[email-masked]>
> 
> My expectations are based, in part, on having read through your code,
> including the comments. That's hardly "at first glance".
> 
> If I still misunderstand things fundamentally, it's possible, even
> likely, that we need to add more documentation (and correct existing
> documentation) explaining, for example, that meta-variables introduced
> in an assume do not have a value and that their slot number is
> meaningless. Once we've done that, we can discuss why I think that
> would be a very bad design choice.

Please understand and keep in mind that the native-comp branch is
still WIP, and as such, it is not yet up to speed with all the
documentation and other necessary support info.  Andrea's work is
still mainly devoted to fixing issues reported against the native-comp
code.  Polishing the documentation will come later.  So please don't
expect the documentation to be anywhere near perfect, as we all are
used to expect from mainline Emacs code, and please don't blame Andrea
for not providing such quality of documentation at this point in time.

TIA