Subject: Re: bug#46670: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] possible miscompilation affecting lsp-mode

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 19:33:12 +0000

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On this subject I highly recommend the following, let's adopt what we
>> essentially do for GCC development:
>
> You might want to suggest that on emacs-devel, as it would be a very
> drastic change. If you, as an individual, want to stop responding to
> bug reports that don't meet your strict criteria, I don't think
> there's anyone trying to stop you. Just define a nice keyboard macro
> saying "I'm sorry, you need to jump through these hoops first".
>
>> If this rules are not followed is just too difficult and, above all,
>> expensive from a time prespective to review.  This way of proceeding is
>> just the only sustainable.
>
> I try to avoid speaking in absolutes like that. There's more than one
> way to do it.
>
>> We probably should document these points somewhere.
>
> We should probably discuss and agree on them first.

Sorry I realized I've been not clear, I was only talking about native
compiler misscompilation bugs.  There's no need to suggest or discuss
that, this is how I work and will as long as I maintain the native
compiler.

  Andrea