Subject: bug#46669: Godot fails to start

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 10:05:53 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 2021-02-20 at 19:37 -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> [...]
> It will be while before libx11 is updated in Guix, because changing it
> causes a huge number of packages to be rebuilt:
> 
> $ guix refresh --list-dependent libx11
> Building the following 5793 packages would ensure 12459 dependent packages are rebuilt:
> 
> Is there anything we can change in godot, in the meantime?

Is there any reason the ("libx11" ,libx11) cannot simply be replaced with
("libx11" ,libx11-fixed) in the package inputs for godot, where libx11 is
the updated libx11?  Or alternatively, could the ‘grafts’ mechanism be used?
Or is that reserved for security updates?

Commenting out the line in
  https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/40966#issuecomment-667686370
might also work.

Greetings,
Maxime