Subject: Re: bug#46668: [PATCH]: tests: do not hard code HTTP ports

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 22:40:18 +0100

Hi,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> skribis:

> You made some comments about ‘Hunks that shouldn't be here’ below.
> I disagree.  As my explanation is exactly the same for almost all hunks,
> I've numbered them and the explanations.
>
> Explanations:
>
> A.  (Hunk 2--12, i.e. all hunks except the first)
>     In some tests, the port number is hardcoded.
>     E.g., you'll see (test-equal "Some string http://localhost:9999" expression).
>     Removing the hard-coding is the whole point of this patch.
> B.  See later (hunk #1).
> C.  See later (hunk #2).

Oooh I see, my bad!  I thought ‘test-equal’ & co. were vanishing, when
in fact they were just moved down.  Your explanations make perfect
sense.

IWBN to keep the (test-xyz …) forms at the top level as much as possible
(it’s more convenient, especially when working from Geiser); when it’s
not possible, changes like you did are the right thing.

Thank you, and apologies for the confusion!

Ludo’.