Subject: bug#46641: process-tests assume network connection

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 12:11:58 +0100

>>>>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:59:13 -0500, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> said:

    Glenn> Package: emacs
    Glenn> Version: 27.1

    Glenn> Some process-tests fail if the system has no network connection.
    Glenn> I don't know what the appropriate skip-unless condition to test for
    Glenn> network access is.

    Glenn> Ref: https://bugs.debian.org/982969

So Debian deliberately cripple their test environment, run the network
tests for an editor which can do network access, and we have to adapt
our tests? I am not amused.

I guess we could wrap them all in

(skip-unless (dns-query "google.com"))

instead of the getenv "EMACS_HYDRA_CI" stuff, assuming Debian donʼt
complain about that as well.

Robert

PS And since when did 'does not pass all tests' become 'fails to build
from source'?