Subject: sed 4.8: test suite is failing in testsuite/inplace-selinux unit

From: Tomasz Kłoczko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 11:38:07 +0000

autoconf 2.71, gcc 11.0.1

+ /usr/bin/make -O -j48 V=1 VERBOSE=1 check
if test -d ./.git                               \
        && git --version >/dev/null 2>&1; then                  \
  cd . &&                                               \
  git submodule --quiet foreach                                 \
      'test "$(git rev-parse "$sha1")"                  \
          = "$(git merge-base origin "$sha1")"'         \
    || { echo 'maint.mk: found non-public submodule commit' >&2;        \
         exit 1; };                                             \
else                                                            \
  : ;                                                           \
fi
/usr/bin/make  check-recursive
Making check in po
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'check'.
Making check in .
/usr/bin/make  testsuite/get-mb-cur-max testsuite/test-mbrtowc
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
/usr/bin/gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I. -I./lib -I./lib -I./sed   -O2 -g
-grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection
-fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -flto=auto -flto-partition=none -c -o
testsuite/get-mb-cur-max.o testsuite/get-mb-cur-max.c
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
/usr/bin/gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.  -I. -I./lib -I./lib -I./sed   -O2 -g
-grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection
-fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -flto=auto -flto-partition=none -c -o
testsuite/test-mbrtowc.o testsuite/test-mbrtowc.c
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
/usr/bin/gcc  -O2 -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
-Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection
-fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -flto=auto -flto-partition=none
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-z,now
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld -flto=auto
-flto-partition=none -fuse-linker-plugin -o testsuite/get-mb-cur-max
testsuite/get-mb-cur-max.o lib/libsed.a
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
/usr/bin/gcc  -O2 -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
-Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection
-fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -flto=auto -flto-partition=none
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-z,now
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld -flto=auto
-flto-partition=none -fuse-linker-plugin -o testsuite/test-mbrtowc
testsuite/test-mbrtowc.o lib/libsed.a
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
/usr/bin/make  check-TESTS
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/bug32271-1.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/in-place-hyphen.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
inplace-selinux.sh: set-up failure: CONFIG_HEADER not defined
ERROR: testsuite/inplace-selinux.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
mb-charclass-non-utf8.sh: skipped test: ja_JP shift-jis locale not found
SKIP: testsuite/mb-charclass-non-utf8.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/cmd-R.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/colon-with-no-label.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/convert-number.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
obinary.sh: skipped test: platform does not enable O_TEXT by default
SKIP: testsuite/obinary.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/cmd-l.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/in-place-suffix-backup.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/posix-mode-bad-ref.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
regex-max-int.sh: skipped test: very expensive: disabled by default
SKIP: testsuite/regex-max-int.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/range-overlap.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/mb-match-slash.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/recursive-escape-c.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/mb-bad-delim.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/temp-file-cleanup.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/regex-errors.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/subst-mb-incomplete.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/stdin-prog.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/missing-filename.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/normalize-text.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/help-version.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/title-case.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/posix-mode-ERE.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/posix-char-class.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/posix-mode-N.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/panic-tests.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/unbuffered.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/comment-n.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/posix-mode-addr.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/nulldata.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/subst-options.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/follow-symlinks-stdin.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/sandbox.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/8bit.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/follow-symlinks.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/compile-tests.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/8to7.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/posix-mode-s.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/execute-tests.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/badenc.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/mb-y-translate.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/inplace-hold.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/help.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/distrib.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/newjis.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/mac-mf.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/subst-replacement.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/word-delim.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/xemacs.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/stdin.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/uniq.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/utf8-ru.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/eval.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/command-endings.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/binary.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/madding.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/compile-errors.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
invalid-mb-seq-UMR.sh: skipped test: locale 'ja_JP' is buggy
SKIP: testsuite/invalid-mb-seq-UMR.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/misc.pl
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/bug32271-2.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/newline-dfa-bug.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/bug32082.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/bsd-wrapper.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/debug.pl
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
PASS: testsuite/dc.sh
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
===================================
   GNU sed 4.8: ./test-suite.log
===================================

# TOTAL: 67
# PASS:  62
# SKIP:  4
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 1

.. contents:: :depth: 2

ERROR: testsuite/inplace-selinux
================================

inplace-selinux.sh: set-up failure: CONFIG_HEADER not defined
ERROR testsuite/inplace-selinux.sh (exit status: 99)

SKIP: testsuite/invalid-mb-seq-UMR
==================================

./init.cfg: line 121: test-mbrtowc: command not found
invalid-mb-seq-UMR.sh: skipped test: locale 'ja_JP' is buggy
SKIP testsuite/invalid-mb-seq-UMR.sh (exit status: 77)

SKIP: testsuite/mb-charclass-non-utf8
=====================================

mb-charclass-non-utf8.sh: skipped test: ja_JP shift-jis locale not found
SKIP testsuite/mb-charclass-non-utf8.sh (exit status: 77)

SKIP: testsuite/obinary
=======================

obinary.sh: skipped test: platform does not enable O_TEXT by default
SKIP testsuite/obinary.sh (exit status: 77)

SKIP: testsuite/regex-max-int
=============================

regex-max-int.sh: skipped test: very expensive: disabled by default
This test is very expensive, so it is disabled by default.
To run it anyway, rerun make check with the RUN_VERY_EXPENSIVE_TESTS
environment variable set to yes.  E.g.,

  env RUN_VERY_EXPENSIVE_TESTS=yes make check

or use the shortcut target of the toplevel Makefile,

  make check-very-expensive

SKIP testsuite/regex-max-int.sh (exit status: 77)

============================================================================
Testsuite summary for GNU sed 4.8
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 67
# PASS:  62
# SKIP:  4
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 1
============================================================================
See ./test-suite.log
Please report to [email-masked]
============================================================================
make[4]: *** [Makefile:3223: test-suite.log] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/tkloczko/rpmbuild/BUILD/sed-4.8'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:3331: check-TESTS] Error 2
make[2]: *** [Makefile:3578: check-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:3108: check-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:3580: check] Error 2

kloczek
-- 
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: *http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH <http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH>*